Family walk 4.6km
This family walk offers a whole summer holiday in just one afternoon. Wander from one safe sandy beach to another. Enjoy ice creams, views, boats and Paignton’s fantastic Geopark play area along the way. Don’t forget your bucket and spade, this family walk includes plenty of sandcastle potential.
Walking route maps
- Follow this Paignton walk on the OSMaps app
- Download our walk PDF, complete with instructions, free child-friendly map and a fun family game
- Distance: 4.6 kilometres (there and back)
- Mud factor: road, path and (optional) beach
- Parking: Quay West car park TQ4 6LP (charges)
- Toilets: Goodrington Central TQ4 6LN and Paignton Cinema TQ4 6AG
- Features: Sandy beach, seaside walk, harbour, play park, pier, cafes
- Pushchair: Yes
- Refreshments: Plentiful cafes and snacks at Goodrington and Paignton
- National routes: South West Coast Path
- Take Care: Be aware of incoming tides if you choose to walk along the beach
- From the car park turn right over the railway bridge and head down to the beach.
- Turn left and follow the prom past the beach huts.
- As the prom bends round to the right take the sloping path just before the second set of beach huts.
- Follow the slope up onto Roundham Head.
- Follow the path through the park to Roundham Road, turn right.
- Follow the road round to the right until you reach Paignton Harbour.
- Keep the harbour on your right then turn left to head under a building to Paignton Beach.
- Follow the prom until you see the Geopark on your left (just before Paignton Pier).
Fi is a freelance writer, Ordnance Survey GetOutside Champion, and passionate advocate of the outdoor lifestyle. She regularly writes walking routes for national publications including Countryfile Magazine and Ordnance Survey's GetOutside hub. Route and activity ideas are a great addition to any hospitality website. Please feel free to get in touch today to discuss outdoor or route writing to enhance your visitor experience.