Torre Abbey Sands is Torquay’s main and most popular beach. Close to shops, cafes, and with lovely parks and activities just over the road, this sandy beach has everything you need for a family day out. On a sunny day it’s hard to tear yourself away from this family-friendly beach but the harbour’s just a stroll away, and if you fancy a longer pushchair-friendly walk, the picturesque village of Cockington is just along the road.
Which type of beach is Torre Abbey Sands?
- Sandy beach
- Long prom
- Rocks near Corbyn’s Head
- Family atmosphere
What can I do at Torre Abbey Sands?
- Paddle boarding (available for summer hire)
- Kayaking (available for summer hire)
- Swimming (no lifeguard)
- Rock pooling (low tide)
What’s the beach accessibility at Torre Abbey Sands?
- On road parking next to the beach
- One ramp onto the prom
- Slipway onto the beach at low tide
- Disabled toilets at Sea Front
Where’s the best car park for Torre Abbey Sands?
Are dogs allowed on Torre Abby Sands in Torquay?
- Dogs are not allowed on Torre Abbey Sands beach between May 1st and September 30th
- Dogs are allowed on the prom all year but should be on a lead between May 1st and September 30th