Why does my website need a blog?
If your beautifully designed and eye-catching website isn’t presenting itself on the first page of Google searches (SERPs) then you have a problem; most people don’t look beyond this key first page, which means that most people aren’t going to even see your website. Including a blog on your website can make a big difference to your Google ranking, a blog achieves several of Google’s ‘I like this page’ goals,
- A blog allows for increased, natural use of keywords
- A blog keeps your website regularly updated
- A blog increases the number of pages on your website
- A blog encourages website visitors to stay for longer
- A blog is a key inbound marketing tool
What is a blog?
A blog is a short and interesting article that serves two main purposes,
- It attracts interested parties to your website and keeps them interested while you deliver sales messages
- It helps the Google search engines to rank your website for important keywords
Can I write my blog posts myself?
There are lots of successful bloggers out there; most of them are self-taught and have learned their writing craft from the bottom up. Anyone can learn how to write blog posts and it can be very enjoyable but before you embark down the self-written road for your business website, you might like to consider the following points,
- Regular blog post writing is required for SEO success (at least once a month)
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills are a must for blog writing
- Search engines are fussy and meeting Google’s requirements takes skill
Can a professional writer understand my market?
The answer to this question is definitely yes! A professional copywriter or blog writer will know how to ask you the right questions about your business and your requirements and will have the skills to translate this information into attractive and successful blog posts. Here are some of the skills a professional copywriter should possess,
- Solid research skills around a given topic
- The ability to suggest suitable blog topic titles
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of SEO services including keyword planning, keyword density and keyword placement
- Writing skills that can weave the above together into a blog post that will leave your readership looking forward to the next post and boost your sales
Where can I find a professional blog writer?
Well done, you already have. At Fi Darby Freelance we have a proven track record of successful and effective blog post writing both for ourselves and for clients. Take a look at our portfolio to find out more and please don’t hesitate to get in touch if we can help you with any of your copywriting requirements.