The thief of days
Benjamin Franklin once said that time was money. He was so wrong…
Has anyone else just lost ten whole days?
Mine have I think disappeared into the greenhouse and been absorbed by my seedlings; most of whom are now behaving like toddlers. They are fighting for space, making a fuss about being thirsty and having a competition to see who can get the most nibbled by the slugs. I am starting to think that the slugs might be doing me a favour because, amongst others, I have around 30 tomato plants, at least 48 sweet pepper babies and seven gherkin plants. My neighbour and I are eagerly waiting to see if we are right in our assumption that gherkins are really just very small cucumbers.
Corona diary updates
- I’ve definitely found the optimal route between our house and the beach
- My daily exercise now involves an early morning walk through town
- Torquay is a bit post-apocalyptic at the best of times
- One day there was a particularly disturbing evacuation message playing
- It followed me for the length of the high street
- I’m now in the process of making my own post-apocalyptic movie
- I’m using snippets of my daily walks
- It’s very short
- We’ve collectively become the Covid Fairy
- The Covid Fairy delivers daily non-car treats to a loved one
- This delivery usually involves a piece of string and a clothes peg
- It often involves biscuits and cakes
- But once it consisted of two roast potatoes and a slice of ham
- Yesterday the Fairy delivered (on request) red lentils
- The loved one appears to be on the mend
- My stress levels aren’t… yet
Conversation of the week
I am in the garden, Mr D is in the spare room upstairs. I dial his mobile number…
Mr Darby: Hello this is the top floor
Me: Hello top floor, this is the garden. Is it time for elevenses yet?
Mr Darby: Hello garden. Yes, I’ll be along in a moment.
We may be taking this ‘pretend to be at the office’ thing a bit too far…
Word of the week – opportunity
Whoever thought of printing ‘stand here’ stickers was very clever and definitely took advantage of an opportunity. I have no problem with this but can you imagine the confusion that would ensue if all the high street shops had them?
Only if the shops were open of course…